“How can I monitor progress towards the Common Core State Standards?”
1 Graduate Credit
- Grading: A-F
- Materials: Included in the course fee!
- Graduate Credit: 1 Graduate Credit
- Instruction Mode: Self-paced, Asynchronous (Online Class)
- Time Frame: Enroll and start any time
See inside this course...
Academic achievement is one of the main objectives in education today. This online course helps teachers gain skills in creating curriculum and assessments that increase academic achievement. SECTION A:
Raising Academic Achievement helps teachers to identify students who are struggling academically and addresses various academic interventions that can be implemented to support them.
SECTION B: Examining and Evaluating Student Work enables teachers to improve their existing evaluation practices through use of classroom examples and resources. Teachers are introduced to effective and dynamic evaluation methods which can be used to assess student work, while ensuring that the educational focus is on teacher and student development.
SECTION C: Inquiry-based Learning provides teachers with a platform for holistic education. It helps teachers introduce and implement the culture and process of inquiry-based learning in their classrooms. This method helps improve student learning and raise academic achievement.
Objectives & Outcomes:
As a result of successful participation in SECTION A, Raising Academic Achievement, students should be able to:
As a result of successful participation in SECTION B, Examining and Evaluating Student Work, students should be able to:
- Identify warning signals of students at risk.
- Implement literacy and math interventions in the classroom.
- Cite benefits and challenges of implementing Response to Intervention (RTI).
- Integrate appropriate rules and guidelines while using iPads in the classroom.
- Use Response to Intervention (RTI) to overcome obstacles in reading, writing and math.
As a result of successful participation in SECTION C, Inquiry-Based Learning, students should be able to:
- Identify good evaluation practices in education.
- Adapt practical teaching strategies.
- Improve grading processes.
- Access useful guidelines and resources.
- Gain insight into components of the grading process including: planning ahead, being organized while grading, creating and using rubrics, handling complaints, communicating with parents, and giving helpful feedback to students.
- Define Inquiry-based Learning.
- Distinguish between traditional learning and IBL.
- Study inquiry models and their practical applications.
- Enhance experimental learning with the Inquiry-based Learning (IBL) approach.
- Acquire skills and strategies to design inquiry activities, develop lesson plans, manage a class, and assess the inquiry process.
After completing the course, you will be directed to the university for registration.