SELF-STUDY: iPads in the Classroom (5 hours)
“You have an iPad in your classroom, now what?”
The iPad helps us prepare today’s student for today’s world in more ways than we could ever do using traditional teaching strategies. However to achieve heights in teaching and learning, teachers need to understand much more than just how to use an iPad.
This course has been specially designed for teachers who are just beginning to use iPads or those who are considering using them. Rather than a focus on learning to operate an iPad, this course will help teachers gain knowledge about different ways by which the iPad can be integrated into the process of learning. In addition to practical learning activites and ideas, it helps the teacher prepare the classroom environment and schedule for the introduction of iPads. It helps teachers to plan and organize iPad use, so that it is efficient and smooth.
At the end of this course teachers will be able to:
- Learn to use an Ipad
- Find and use apps for teaching
- Organize iPad activities in the classroom
- Set up the classroom environment to encourage efficient iPad use
- Manage technical tasks related to iPad maintainace including charging, updating and storing.
- Use iPads to teach and practice 21st century skills including communicating, collaborating, connecting, creating and critical thinking.
And so much more!